Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Work in progress designer's profile I - Natalia Sarrazin

Natalia's collection was inspired by cocoons, wombs and nests, to which she refers as "places of comfort and protection". 

"When I was asked “What is home for you?”, I realised I couldn’t link this question to a particular place, but to a feeling: the sensation of being safe and contained."
 


Natalia, who calls herself "Chilombian" (Chilean and Columbian), reflects:

"I have lived in a few different places and they all have some connotation of home for me. I love travelling but at the same time I'm always trying to "nest". This process has actually left me without a"home", inspiring the concept of wearing a piece of jewellery which carries the sense of it."


Here are some photos of Natalia's work in progress - at the moment she is working on some more definitive models and says she is pleased to see that "everything is finally coming together!".








 


Photos by Natalia Sarazzin

No comments:

Post a Comment