Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Work in progress designer's profile II - Isabella Man Liu

Isabella's evocative work draws from a dramatic story from her childhood. 
"When I was twelve" - she says - "I got seriously burnt by powerful fireworks. I still have a big scar on my body, which is quite sad." 






"I tried to get a tattoo to cover it, but a tattoo artist advised me to be careful, as it may draw more attention to that area of my body. "

Drawings by Isabella Man Liu 


Scars, those memories of flesh, start as flashes of pain in Isabella's sketches to gradually transform and bloom into flowerlike models.
"Everybody has his or her scares or painful stories.  I'm trying to show that the positive attitude is the best way to move forward and grow stronger.
I explored the pain, which that strong fire caused me for years. My work also  shows how I got healed from it. I looked at my scar and expressed it in a beautiful way."

No comments:

Post a Comment